Welcome to the Create Inspiration Team’s February Party!
Spring is in the air, friends! After a LONG winter, our area finally surpassed the 40 degree mark. Pretty soon, the crocus and daffodils will be blooming and I can’t wait! In honor of this “spring fever,” I put together a project that is perfect for your next Spring celebration:
These darling cupcake toppers are from Carina Gardner’s Fresh Picked Spring Stamp Collection. Here’s a close-up of each design:
Ready to make your own hybrid cupcake toppers using digital elements from Jessica’s Shoppe and traditional scrapbooking supplies? Follow these simple steps:
- Open each stamp in PSE.
- Use the “Fill Layer” option to select what color you would like the image to be.
- Drag each of these shapes onto a new 8.5 x 11-inch document.
- With the grid function on, size each circle to fit a 1-3/4th inch circle punch.
- Print your stamps.
- Cut out each shape using a 1-3/4th inch circle punch.
- Edge your stamped shape with glue and sprinkle with glitter.
- Add embellishments to the center (rhinestones, punched flowers, etc..)
- Cut out a scalloped shape from a piece of scrapbooking or digital paper. (I printed digital files from the Happy Spring Mega Paper Pack.)
- Layer your stamped element onto your scalloped circle shape and adhere.
- Tape your finished topper to a toothpick or a lollipop stick.
- Add your beautiful design to a delicious cupcake!
If you need a refresher on how to edge your paper with glue and glitter, see this POST or this TUTORIAL. For my center embellishments, I used a combination of shamrock, heart, cupcake, and flower punches. There are so many crafting possibilities– 4 little hearts punched on green paper, for instance, transform into a shamrock! Likewise, I added a little bling to the top of the cupcake candle by adhering a simple clear rhinestone.
Wouldn’t the shamrock toppers be festive for a St. Pat’s Day celebration? Pair them with this DIY digital print using supplies from Jessica’s Shoppe and you’ve got instant party decor!
For the full scoop on crafting this print, head over to THIS POST.
You are going to LOVE what our team is sharing this month! Be sure to click on each link and prepare to be INSPIRED:
Chez Nous: Irish Blessings and Banner by Tammy Circeo
Craftin’ Chaos: Life Planner by Debbie Crowder
Designing Delicious Adventures: DIY Spring Cupcake Toppers by Candice Meyer
Just a Pharmgirl: Gettin’ Lucky with Bingo Cards by Betsy Sammarco
Dinner Hero: Easy Spring Break Photo Album Project by Julie Walker
7 thoughts on “Create Inspiration Party- DIY Spring Cupcake Toppers”
So fun and festive! A great excuse to make some cupcakes! 🙂
Thanks, Julie! Now, I need to try your surprise cupcake recipe to accompany these toppers!
I love these cupcake toppers!! Your tutorial is awesome and its a great way to make everything look even more festive! Great job!
Thanks so much, Debbie! They were fun to make!
These cupcake toppers are so cute … getting me inspired for Emily’s baby shower!
Thanks, Tammy! They are SO easy to make too! They would be great for a baby shower- there’s even a stamped image in the collection that says “A Star is Born!”
Your cupcake toppers are tops!
And beautiful ! I love them!