Did you catch the Blood Moon last week? The moon was enormous in the night sky and this little snapshot captured on my iPhone doesn’t do it justice!
With Halloween drawing near, I decided to whip up a little bit of magical moon dust!
To make your own magical moon dust, mix together oatmeal, sprinkles, and Halloween confetti! Then, pour it into a little jar. To decorate your tag:
- Download the witch digital tag from the Frightful Collection.
- Print and cut the tag using the print features of the silhouette.
- Edge your tag with purple glitter.
- Add a few light orange rhinestones to the top.
- Adhere a small”Moon Dust” title (edged in gold) to the front.
I also attached a cute scalloped punch embellishment to the top of my jar with twine.
I pinned this darling idea from See Jane Blog ages ago and thought it could be translated into a fun, family tradition in the weeks leading up to October 31st. You will need:
- 1 decorative pot
- 1 jar of Magical Moon Dust
- Candy corn pieces
- Cake pop/lollipop sticks
Have your kiddos “plant” candy corn seeds at night and then wake-up to find a special surprise!
Those candy corn seeds grow into a sweet treat! This DIY Halloween craft checks all the boxes- it’s fun, easy, and a clever tradition to celebrate with your family!
Want a few more ideas on cultivating “Spooktacular” Halloween traditions? See the bottom of THIS POST.
Happy (Almost) Halloween!