Nope, it’s not Monday. Best laid plans to have this post ready last week went askew. It’s been quiet on this blog for several months… Sharing this quote today as a reminder to myself…
The past couple of months have seemed like a whirlwind! It’s been a season of:
- Growing Pains: In more than 1 way! Our sweet girl has been testing boundaries and flexing her muscles of independence. She’s also growing physically stronger and taller every day. As for me? I’m so proud that my body has carried a precious human for close to 36 weeks! I’m in awe of how organs rearrange themselves and the body stretches to accommodate a new life. I won’t, however, miss the physical aches and pains of a normal pregnancy!
- Sweet Moments: It seems like Olivia’s verbal skills have exploded. James remarked the other day, “It’s just a steady stream of dialogue!” I adore hearing her sweet voice and little conversations with her dolls. She gives the BEST hugs- I feel like she squeezes with her whole heart! And, when she spontaneously tells me “I Love You” — well, let’s just say that life doesn’t get any sweeter.
- Waiting: We are waiting on sweet baby boy. Our wait has been filled with a few hiccups and anxieties. Around 29.5 weeks, our little one gave us a scare that landed me in the triage area of our local hospital. Fortunately, all is well and we are continuing to pray for a healthy, full-term delivery. I am constantly reminding myself to replace my fears with faith.
- Baby Kicks: This pregnancy has been so different than my first. Baby boy has been so active!
- Progesterone Shots: I feel fortunate to be working with an amazing team committed to my prenatal and postnatal care. They’ve been monitoring my hormone levels closely due to my history of preterm labor. So far, I’ve had 82 injections (!!!) of progesterone. I have a separate post coming on this ordeal… but, let me tell you, my mama heart goes out to anyone who has had to supplement their hormones with injections. It is not a fun or easy process.
- Building My Business: Over the past few months, I’ve had the pleasure of really focusing on building my essential oil team and empowering families with natural health options. I absolutely love teaching and sharing practical tips to help support wellness.
- Designing: I’m still designing for Snap Click Supply Company and love the creative outlet that this position offers. Are you following their Facebook page? I just shared a darling banner, perfect for Easter.
- Renovating: We’ve tackled 3 (yes, 3!!) fairly large home projects since September. More updates to come about how we built a large kitchen corner storage cabinet, transformed my office, and remodeled the laundry room. My goal for these projects was to create more functional space for our family.
I miss writing and hope to have a more regular voice in this space sometime soon. In the meantime, I’m embracing the season of growth that I’m currently navigating.